The Centre for Pedagogy and Andragogy (CEPA) was launched on 15th September, 2015 with mandate to train academic staff in Pedagogy which include provision of knowledge and skills in the areas of curriculum development, effective teaching in higher education, incorporation of mentorship in teaching and, assessment and evaluation of learning outcome. Some of the strategic issues are highligted below ;
The need to:
1. Improve on Academic Staff service delivery through effective pedagogical strategies and techniques.
2. Improve on andragogical approaches and techniques in teaching and learning at university level.
3. Facilitate mentorship issues across faculty, students and industry.
4. Develop mentorship and training policy.
5. Effectively evaluate and assess learning outcomes after training of academic staff in pedagogy, andragogy and mentorship.